A list of thirteen things 2013 taught me:
- There is always something to be thankful for.
- No matter how happening life is, time to myself is important.
- Ordinary people are extraordinary.
- Being happy is a choice.
- Romantic love is not the only love there is.
- Sharing makes things better most times.
- Just keep positive.
- Learning is a joy.
- Treasure and not take for granted.
- At the end of the day, family is still family.
- Meaningful friendships are what really counts.
- Only you know yourself best.
- Life is what you make it out to be.
What I would like to say to thirteen different people in my life:
- I do not think about you anymore, or talk to you anymore. We are not even friends. But you taught me that not everything is always about me, and it is one of the most important things I have come to realise this year, so thank you for that. I really appreciate it.
- Feelings are not a transaction.
- No idea if you even read this blog, but I really hope you have been coping well. I will always keep in touch with you just to ask how you are doing. We barely talk but I am always here for you, okay? You are important and I am always a friend you can count on. Do not give up! Tomorrow will be a better day.
- Best friend, I miss you but we are both doing well so that is great. I will definitely be there for your shows. You will always have a friend in me!
- Initially wanted to unfriend you on Facebook since we are not actually friends but… Now we are! Hoorah! It has been nice hanging out with you. To more nice times!
- Get more rest and be happy. I miss your energy and smiles.
- I still think of you sometimes. It is strange but I hope life is kind to you.
- SEE YOU IN JUNE 2014. Sending hugs and kisses with lots of love your way!
- Wondering if I should unblock you on Whatsapp.
- I will never forget the love you give me. We are family. I hope I spend more time with you next year.
- Thank you for always believing in me. It truly means a lot.
- Can you finally grow up and hit the books? Seriously?
- I am happy we spent so much time together this year since you are going overseas to study in 2014. Hope we will stay friends and keep having random outings, chats and fun!
Thirteen things that kept me going this 2013:
- GLORIOUS GLORIOUS FOOD.
- Meaningful conversations.
- Randomly breaking into pop songs at shopping malls.
- Fruitful internships and adventures.
- Friendships with all kinds of people – new and old.
- Being able to wear what I like to work.
- Having new experiences with people that enjoy them as much as I do.
- Lady Luck.
- Readers of this blog.
- Growing up.
- Being introduced to spoken word.
- Picking up my writing again.
- My wallet.
Thank you for a great year. Hope all of you will be part of my next.
Because I still have a lot of growing up to do. 🙂